Carte d’Ayutthaya, reproduction du 17e siècle. Le Séminaire (représenté par la lettre «G» sur la carte) était situé dans la partie occidentale d’Ayutthaya, dans le quartier cochinchinois.
The College General (Malay: Seminari Tinggi Katolik) is a Roman Catholic interdiocesan seminary located in Tanjung Bungah, Penang, Malaysia. The college’s foundation can be traced back to the 1665 establishment of the Seminary of Saint Joseph in Ayuthia, which was then the capital of Siam, by the Vicars Apostolic Bishops Pallu and Lambert de la Motte of the Paris Foreign Missions Society. They officially requested the establishment of the Seminary to the Siamese king Narai on 25 May 1665, who granted them a large spot on the river Menam. In 1675, Mgr Louis Laneau, who had been nominated Vicar Apostolic of Siam two years before, became Superior of the Seminary.
The events of the Siamese revolution in 1688 saw the ousting of French forces from Siam, and the imprisonment of Louis Laneau and half of the students of the Seminary until August 1690, but the activities of the Seminary could resume from 1691.