If you ever go to Versailles again, be there before everything opens. It makes the visit really enjoyable, the castle isn’t too crowded and you can take your entire day to explore the gardens and other parts :)
The solution is managable if you live in Paris (and even though… I live in the Parisian region and it’d make me wake up quite early ;u;). If you come from elsewhere in France, it’s far more difficult.
Last time, I went in the middle of winter, outside of holidays and not during a week-end. Despite being late (lost two hours because of a glorious SNCF fail), it was far less crowded, the gardens were free and I really enjoyed the experience.
- antema aime ce billet
- alittlethisforthat a dit : We stayed near the Eiffel tower, I guess that makes it easier. If I had to travel from Rouen I’m not sure I could have made it. Otherwise when you have to count on the SNCF… we all know what can happen haha.
- getintothe a dit : Same applies anywhere where tourism is concerned but thank you for info i find what you put on here very interesting so thanks -x-
- getintothe aime ce billet
- yoo-for-ee-ah aime ce billet
- frenchhistory a publié ce billet