The conflict I’m more interested in?
The Paris Commune.
Women vote. Separation of State and Church. Compulsory school. Justice reforms…. The Communards had so many wonderful ideas,and a good part of them ended up being applied. Except for the use of the Revolutionnary calendar, because let’s be honest, a 10 days week sucks. And their names suck as well.
And it just… disappeared from our memory. Why? Because the Versaillais won? Because France wanted peace and was just traumatised in general? Because the fight for the Republic was what mattered? Because the amnesty was supposed to be enough? And the Communards are still not rehabilited :c
… Don’t tell me it’s because they burnt Paris.
tagged as: 30 day history challenge.
- littlenewsfromfrance aime ce billet
- idleeggmen a reblogué ce billet depuis frenchhistory
- idleeggmen aime ce billet
- chadefallstar aime ce billet
- mirelha a reblogué ce billet depuis frenchhistory
- judemaa aime ce billet
- lexeia aime ce billet
- alison-patchanka aime ce billet
- frenchhistory a publié ce billet